Tuesday 5 December 2017

Slaughterloo - The End of the Ferach Empire, or is it...




Final models.

All up its taken about 18 months to paint my Ferach Empire army for Slaughterloo but the end is finally in sight.

 Just a handful of Toad casualty markers, Elf artillery crew and a few Elf characters to go.
These are, I believe, the last of my unpainted Ferach Empire figures.  It's a nice feeling knowing that this labour of love of mine is almost complete.  Its a huge Army of over 700 models.  Sure its not the biggest army out there but it is without doubt the biggest army I have ever painted and finished, or at least it will be.

The Toads, my favourite race in Valon, are done.  I love these little characters and their simple charm.

Next is working through the artillery crew.  Just my simple cartoony style of blocking the colours in much like a 3D paint by numbers.


Nothing fancy, but the end result just seems to work for me.  Sure they look a little rugged until they are finished but when seen in a mass, the effect looks quite nice in my mind.

Anyway, back to the painting table to get these finished and based. 



A little update to say.  They're  finished !


Tonight I'm heading out to play a little game of Slaughterloo.  I think we will just be using simple Divisions that you can buy as bundles from Alternative Armies.

If I remember I shall take some photographs with the intent of writing a simple battle report.

Next on the 'to-do' pile is a re-basing of my Victorian Science Fiction Prussians and maybe the odd new unit added as they prepare for the full scale invasion of Mars in 2018.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment