Sunday 27 August 2017

Bretonnians - Army Revisited




Bretonnian Army Revisited 

Well it's been a while and things have moved on.  The momentum on this one has dwindled a little as other new shiny projects have started to draw my attention away.








I have a few characters on the go, namely a travelling Wizard.

All my Armies have a 'Travelling' Wizard to go with them.  I like the idea that Wizards may wander the lands hiring themselves out to the highest bidder, or aligning themselves to different armies to further there own mystical means.
Lots of scrolls, pouches and other gubbins on this character to enhance his nomadic existence.





 A new Hero with a Wyrm Lance and a Dragon theme.

I have started to go with a Green and Black colour scheme.  This will be my only Green knight to date and figured that it would tie in with the Dragon theme to him.   I could have gone with red but as the Lord of the army has a red colour scheme I wanted to keep this hero different.  I'm not 100% convinced yet.  Hopefully when he is done it will look better.



and Finally my Lord has also now got a Pegasus mount option.

He will be painted up in the same colours as his horse mounted alter-ego.  After all it is supposed to be the same person.  The Pegasus has barding added to protect the forelegs and also give me more of a surface to paint the Lords Colours and make him stand out more from the other Pegasus Knights. 




My army seemed to be a little short on Knight Errant, so I painted a load up.
 To help them look different from the Knights of the Realm I painted them in a more basic one colour scheme and left the lances in a plain brown wood colour.


I still have heaps more to do, not to mention around another 80 or so Men at Arms but I can already feel myself getting pulled towards other projects.

Thanks for looking.



No comments:

Post a Comment