Friday 10 January 2020

Building - A Creepy House




American Horror

Having been collecting a fair few figures for a Gothic Horror setting I finally took the plunge and started work on a building to go with them.  
Although my figure range is really best suited for Victorian London I couldn't resist getting my hands on the lovely Ravens Perch model by Petite Properties.

This kit is a mixture of laser cut card and mdf.  Extra detailing can be added if required.

The base kit looks like this when constructed.
And the Painted model on the store is done like this.

I decided for my version of this kit I would go with a slightly different colour scheme.






The panelling on the walls was done with double sided sticky tape and thin card.  The chimney was made from air drying clay.  I used DAS modelling clay.  I used the same clay to make the pillars for the gate leading up to the house.

The rear of the house is open and I left mine a dark colour.   I did consider adding a back to the model but decided against it.  My games using this will be skirmish level and I imagine that any back I make would spend most its time off to one side anyway.



All in all I am very happy with this kit.  The instructions are easy to follow and it forms a good structure to add detailing to without much effort.

I guess my investigators of the occult will have to travel to the New World at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment