Sunday 5 February 2017

Bretonnians - The Rise of a Bretonnian Army Part 5




The Rise of a Bretonnian Army Part 5




My first Character.

Ok so the idea behind this Character is its to represent a 'Scroll Caddy' I wanted the Damsel to remain feminine whilst the horse reflected a more masculine image.  I imagined that the damsels would not often ride out to war and the horse should reflect that its part of my Lords retinue. Hence the colouring on the barding is to the colour scheme of my yet un-assembled lord.  (all be it a simplified version of what I have planned)


I still need to paint the script on the numerous parchments.  I have not done this kind of work before so if anyone can point me in the direction of some good advice then it would be most welcome.



I am finding that painting a colourful army is loads of fun.  My Skaven army, that although I am told is nicely painted, contrasts drastically with this one.   I am hopeful that all those little extras that are easily overlooked in my mass of brown Skaven will shine through with the Bretonnians.



Anyway enough gibbering and onto the pictures.











Next up is some Archers.



10 Longbowmen Ready for action.



These were pretty quick to do.  Having been painting brown for ages I have amassed what must be the worlds largest collection of different browns (well it feels that way)



So mostly Natural colours of browns and un-dyed linen for these guys.   Tried to keep the same feel as with the men at Arms and also tried to link them with the Lords Heraldry without using too much red and yellow.






Next Character on the painting Block was this little chappie.



I present  The Lord of My Humble Bretonnian Force









and now with a splash of paint.











Sorry for the rushed photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment