Saturday 17 February 2018

VSF - Rolling out the Guns




Sorry it's been such a long time between posts.  I have been busy playing boardgames and catching up on VLOGS from Beasts of War, most notably their videos on the latest Start Wars miniatures game and the building of the ruined AT-AT table.

Anyway, I have not been totally idle.


Guns, Guns, Guns!

My little Victorian Science Fiction Prussian Army has been expanded by the addition of some Artillery.  5 Artillery Pieces to assist in securing Prussian dominance on The Red Planet.

The models are from Renegade Miniatures, a great little company that unfortunately suffers from having a good cheap product and not enough manpower to meet what I'm sure is popular demand.  As a consequence the shop does occasionally have long periods of down time.  I wouldn't let this put you off though as even if the wait for the miniatures can sometimes be long, the product is very good and what I would refer to as 'Easy Paint' models.  
If you have not seen the range before, I urge you to give them a look.

So moving on The Prussian Army now has Artillery.



A battery of five artillery pieces each with five crew should add some serious firepower to my force.


But why so many guns I hear you cry!

Well my good fellows, those damned Mechaloids with their infernal machines of death are near on unstoppable with regular infantry weapons.  Nothing short of a prolonged bombardment stands a chance of bring one of those machines down.



Thankfully, in our story-line the Mechaloids have an uneasy alliance with the Prussian Empire although it is unsure if the vastly advanced Mechaloids are merely using the human troops as pawns in a deadly game of chess.   Being few in number, the loss of even one fighting machine is a massive blow the the Mechaloid  Empire.

2 comments:

  1. Great work.

    I will have to start my italian landship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing that mate. I have been sourcing some more Martian models to expand the variety of local inhabitants.

    ReplyDelete