Wednesday 20 June 2018

Building - Civilians




Population Explosion

Having already added a large number of civilians to my city terrain set up I decided that it still needed more.  I ordered a mixed assortment of pre-painted model railway figures from eBay.  There are a few different kinds available but I find these ones to be both a good match in scale to my 28mm figures and also to be suitably dressed to represent more modern clothing.


I separated the seated figures to be used at a later stage. 

The figures come with a rather rough and ready paint job.  It's not terrible but does need a little tidying up, most noticeably around the hair and arms.


A quick tidy up and this is what I was left with.
I used a small drill to put wire pins in their feet.  I used the wire pegs to attach the figures to strips of cork tile for ease of painting.  The pins would also be used later to mount the figures on their bases.


Once dry I painted army painter quick shade all over the figures.
I wasn't too careful with this as these models really are nothing more than an addition to the scenery so didn't need to stand out too much. 


Another example of how the figures came and how they look after a quick tidy up and shade.


This small horde took next to no time to get done.

Next I applied a coat of Army Painter Anti Shine spray matt varnish.


Once dry the figures were attached to clear bases.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment