Friday 2 September 2022

Building a Blood and Plunder Town

 

Dirty Old Town

I did a little more work on the buildings for my Blood and Plunder set.

First, I dry-brushed the door and window frames to help them stand out a bit more from the walls.  For this I just used a really light grey followed by a light drybrush of off-white.

I then gave the entire building a quick coating or army painter quickshade.  This not only adds an extra level of grime that helped give that lived in look to buildings but also adds a nice protective varnish.

The shutters and doors were all undercoated with leather brown spray paint before being dry-brushed lighter shades of brown until the top highlight was almost white.

I then used various Games Workshop glazes over the doors and shutters to create a weathered painted wood look.  Finally, I picked out the metal studs on the doors with some chainmail paint.

I assembled all the doors and shutters using thin wire to allow them all to open and close before giving the entire model a coat of spray matt varnish.

The next stages will be to add some detailing and do the bases.









No comments:

Post a Comment