Sunday 15 October 2017

Building - 28mm Ships Part 2



Arghh Me Hearties

I had a look at the Merchant ship I had done previously and it just didn't look right to me.  It needed a Spirit Sail.  I was hoping I could look past the fact that I had completely forgotten to add one but it just looked wrong as it was.

So I set about changing the front of the ship and ended up with this.

Now here are comparison shots from what it did look like...

...to the new and improved look.

Next I looked at the sloop I had already made and decided that I wasn't happy with how the Jib and Staysail sat on top of each other.   So I set about fixing those up too.
At the same time I finished off my Firelock Games Sloop.


to keep the sails apart I used a thin piece of piano wire painted to look like the string I used. 

Then I finished off my Brigantine from Firelock Games.


I really like the Firelock Games ships.  Sure they don't come with all the trimmings that the Ainsty Casting Ships come with, but they are really nice to work with, are much lighter and have better casting quality on the resin hulls.  I cant recommend them enough and will probably pick up another sloop or two in the future.

So with these two ships finished I'm starting to get a rather sizeable fleet together.


I still have a Firelock Games Frigate to complete but currently don't have enough masts and spars to complete it so will have to wait until I can order some more.  I could start work on the two row boats I have, but lets be honest, they are nowhere near as exciting as sail ships.




















No comments:

Post a Comment