Wednesday 29 November 2017

Building - The Hay Saint




Obviously a play on words.  

The Hay Saint is a notable building on my Slaughterloo Battlefield.

The model started out as the sarissa-precision 28mm MDF La Haye Sainte model.


Stock photograph.


Now the model is perfectly acceptable as it is but I felt that the doors were a little small for the oversized Slaughterloo figures and the historical building need to have a few simple tweaks to make it fit in with the more comic world of Valon.

First up I covered the walls with brick etched plastic-card and made the doors and windows bigger.
Curtains were added along with drain pipes and chimneys.  
New doors and window frames were added.

You will see that I decided to hide some windows, this was due to the larger sized doors and windows taking up more room.

I added filler to create more interest to the relatively flat walls and used fences to add a railing above the walls.
Cardboard roof tiles and interior lighting were added before the model was painted in a style to match my Slaughterloo armies.





The finished building with its surrounding fields.

I really enjoyed modifying this model and found the MDF kit a great starting point.  I think I will use this technique again for other buildings in the future.


Cheers









No comments:

Post a Comment