Monday 8 November 2021

Macedonian Army Part 9

 

Companions


Just a small update as I haven't managed to get too much done due to work commitments.

I've painted up the Companion Cavalry that I have.



I have also added movement trays to my cavalry and ordered some movement trays for my Phalanx.

 

I did experiment for a while as to how I was going to arrange the models.  It seems that they fought in the wedge formation, and this is about as good I could do without having to have a really large base.

 

The Wargames Foundry painting guide has an excellent article for painting horses and the colours to use for different breeds.  I highly recommend this book.  It came in invaluable when I painted up a Warhammer Bretonnia army several years ago.

 


So far, my army looks like this.  I really should add another two trays of Companion Cavalry but that will require me to order even more figures, so that may have to wait for a little while.



No comments:

Post a Comment