Wednesday 8 December 2021

Macedonian Army Part 11


Mercenaries


The Macedonian army included many mercenaries for these I am just using any figures I like the look of.  For most of them I plan to use Greek figures as I like the look of them, and they have nice shield designs.

These models, however, are actually Successor Thureophoroi infantry.   I have no idea how I ended up with them but rather let them go to waste they are no substituting as mercenaries.

I have six models to a base, although there are a couple of bases which have seven models for no other reason than because I had spare figures.

Because the footprint of the unit is what matters it doesn't really matter how many figures are in each unit (One of 24 men and one of 26 me) if they look reasonably close order.

They can either be fielded as one large block or my preference is as two smaller blocks.

 

I still must complete the shields on these, which should really add some colour and help bring these to life.

I am fast running out of models for my Macedonian force and really need to order some more to finish the project.  Maybe something to do once Christmas is out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment