Saturday 23 October 2021

Macedonian Army Part 7

 

Formation



This is pretty much what the plan is to work towards.

I know that the table I have is 6' x 4' (approximately 183cm x 122cm) and using 15mm figures I can field a larger army, however I still want to leave enough table space to allow some manoeuvring.  Basically, I want to avoid two lines walking towards each other.

With the India army including chariots, elephants and cavalry I really want them to be able to come into their own and have room to move.  If I am not careful, I could create a situation where the Chariots have no other choice then to perform head on charges.

With each Sarissa Phalanx measuring 8cm across and 8cm deep the centre of my Macedonian army should measure somewhere between 45cm and 54cm across if I leave a 1cm gap between them all.

With that in mind I am envisaging that the entire army will have a facing of roughly twice that.  Approximately 90-108cm or roughly 3 to 4 feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment