Saturday 5 March 2022

Morituri te Salutant. Part 3

 

Adding Colour


I used simple rattle cans to paint the stonework.  I started with a cheap grey primer from the local hardware store and then used sand-coloured sprays to build up highlights.

I finished off with a light zenith highlight with an off-white spray.

Painting the stonework took less than 30 minutes thanks to the ridiculous Perth heat.

The inside wall of the arena was painted red with a black trim.  Again, I used cheap paints from the local hardware store.

For the many statues that adorn the walls I again used rattle-cans, starting with a blue-grey and working up to white.

I then Painted up 10 Roman Legionnaires to act as security for the Colosseum.  I used colours more akin to Pretorians because I figured that regular legionnaire would not have been used.

I added entranceways so that the combatants could actually enter the arena.

And of course, I couldn’t help but paint up a couple of Gladiators, just to keep me motivated.



No comments:

Post a Comment