Sunday 13 March 2022

Morituri te Salutant. Part 4

 

Dice


I started going over the rules I had in my mind and decided that I wanted to simplify how damage was worked out.

In the original rules the process was that each player would select an action.  Those actions were then cross referenced which would give a difficulty.  Then that difficulty was compared on a separate table and a D20 was rolled which would then cause a category of injury dependant on the defender’s armour level.  The lowest wounds were Nicks.  3 Nicks became a Cut, 3 Cuts become a Wound and 3 Wounds would result in death.

I wanted to change all that to just one chart and one dice roll.

For example, there would be a matrix like this to cross reference each players chosen action which would in turn dictate how many and what colour dice are to be rolled.   Some actions would have blacked out sections to show that those actions automatically fail against certain actions.

Of course, this is not the final combat matrix but should give some idea of how it will work.

I decided that I would use colour coded dice to represent how likely the attack was of causing damage and how serious the damage could be.






With my version each fighter still choses an action which is cross referenced to give both a colour and a number.

White dice are the weakest, through to red dice which are the strongest.

Then the defender rolls defence dice (blue) to try to mitigate damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment