Friday 4 March 2022

Morituri te Salutant. Part 2


Rome wasn't built in a day


For this little project I really wanted to rewrite the rule book (for personal use) with my own version of what I wanted the game to be and bring it up to date.

The original rules were simply walls of black text on white paper and very dated by todays standards.

For my homage to the original rules, I really wanted to do the best I could so adding colour pictures was a good place to start.

Sure, I could have opted for a simple two-dimensional backdrop for the photos, but I wanted to do something a little grander, something to draw the crowds.

Thankfully the skilful mind of Iain Lovecraft had already created the STL files that would be instrumental in this project.

I set my little Ender 3 Pro to work.


The final structure consists of more than 30 different parts.  I wanted my Colosseum to come apart to allow easier access to the play area that I intend to put inside it.  So extra end sections were printed off to give a nice finish to the structure when it was broken down.


My initial thought was to create it in such a way that it could be split into 3 different pieces, however I finally settled on splitting the Colosseum in half.

With the stonework printed off and welded together I set my Elegoo Saturn to printing off the many Peons, Statues and other ‘miniatures’ I thought I would need for this project.




At 28mm (rather 32mm scale if I’m honest) this is a pretty massive structure.



No comments:

Post a Comment