Friday 6 October 2023

New Brighton Part 3

These first couple of buildings are quite large and I don't want to make all the buildings quite so big as I want to have that nice variety of height on the skyline.  I can't do that with all the buildings as some will be in terraces so maybe I will have to have a variety of other smaller details to make them look interesting.

Painted in the same manner as the other buildings but with a slate-coloured roof and a more subtle colour for the roof trim.

I had to create the windows myself in 3D Builder because the files didn't come with any.

What the files come with are slots to slide in a piece of transparent film, like the sort used in overhead projectors.  I just didn't like the look of that on its own because large glass panels just looked too modern.


Shops are a must for any self-respecting Victorian-era city, and what better place to start than an Antiques and Curios shop?

Dated 1890 for good reason.

Howard Phillips Lovecraft (H.P. Lovecraft) was born on the 20th of August 1890 and thanks to him we now have the amazing Cthulhu Mythos.   I won't go into too much detail about the person himself as that can open up a whole can of worms, what with his views on different aspects of life, but his weird creation of the Mythos has quite likely had a massive impact on a lot of games we have all come to love.

Painted in the same quick style as the other buildings.  Nothing too fancy or special.

Once I have a decent number of buildings done, I can go back over them to add more characterful details here and there.


Next up is a generic shop.  I will add signage to it later.

I wanted to get this building done because there are various bits from these buildings so far that I intend to put into 3D builder and alter and cannibalise to create other bits and pieces for my city.  Before I do that however I wanted you to at least see the fully printed out and painted buildings to get an idea of where my mind was going when I was looking at them.





No comments:

Post a Comment