Monday 23 October 2023

New Brighton Part 6

Finally pulled my finger out and did some work on the simple free-standing walls that I cannibalised from other STLs.

First, I added some detailing to the tops to give them a 'Victorian' vibe.  I had some plastic fencing sets that were possibly for dollhouses or train layouts.  I can't remember exactly because I have had them for years.  I cut the top section off one design and the bottom section of the other to create two different finishes.

Then, it was just a case of painting them up like the rest of the brickwork.

When posting this, I have just applied the plaster to them.  Once that is dry, I will go back in and paint the railing sections.   I will probably go with black railings, although I am open to suggestions.




I also started work on three of the other buildings which were still sitting in the to-do pile.  I found a nice-looking little pendant at the local craft shop that I think will make a nice bit of detailing for one of the buildings.  I will post more details on that as it happens.




No comments:

Post a Comment