Saturday 16 September 2023


Based and Wrecked.


Groundwork.  I picked up a 12' x 5' drop sheet from the local hardware store and dyed it a sand colour in the washing machine.  More by fluke than anything else, the sheet looked almost identical to the basing I had previously done for my Blood and Plunder Terrain.

So, with that, I based up my chariots, completed my wrecked chariots and based them too.   I like to sieve the sand as I apply it, just to get out any random bits of dirt and debris.   Once the glue has dried, I base coat it with Desert Yellow spray, followed by Bone spray, and finally wraith bone spray.  When applying the spray, I do so from the sides to keep the middle of the bases slightly darker.  This helps create a little shadow that the model will sit above.










I can almost see the finish line in sight now and couldn't resist taking a few glamour shots.








No comments:

Post a Comment