Wednesday 20 September 2023


I Think I Have all the Figures Finished.


Finished off the Praetorian Guards.  I ended up only adding a couple of standing Guards to the imperial box.  I have a load more that are 'mostly' painted but I don't think I will use them.

So, with those now glued in place, I will call this project officially almost done.

Sounds like a bit of an anticlimax, doesn't it?   Well, I still have to wait for the cocktail sticks so that I can complete all the flags, that's really only a small job.  Type up some quick reference sheets and cut some measuring sticks to length.  On the topic of sticks, I am going to go with these lengths, Short 4", Medium, 8" and Long 12".  This will mean on an average turn a chariot will likely move 24", providing it doesn't need to change direction.   This should mean that a two-lap race should not take too long to play, even with 8 players.


Hopefully, I have achieved something close to making this simple game bigger than Ben Hur.

Of course, I will come back to this Project with the final finishing touches as soon as I can but until then, a few more pictures.







No comments:

Post a Comment