Saturday 9 September 2023


Painting Walls.


Today I set up the entire circus so that I could get all the components in the right order to glue together sub-assemblies.

Layout of the full circus if I choose to go the full distance and put 12 chariots out.  (2 children for scale).

With 8 Chariots I can remove a bit of the width and a bit of the length.  I actually prefer the look of the narrower layout if I'm honest but thought it would be a wasted opportunity not to make it possible to be as wide as I could.


I used really cheap grey spray primer followed by various sand and off-white colour spray paints to quickly do all the walls.  Nothing fancy, just quick and simple.

I will go over and pick out some details once the base colour is dry.

I am hoping that the crowd will help break up the rather boring paint job on the walls.




Talking of crowd, here is the next batch ready for painting.   Not sure if I mentioned it but I'm getting pretty sick of painting plebs right now.

With a lot of this bunch, I modified the file before printing so that they are holding flag poles.  Once painted I will attach small flags in the various team colours.  I am hoping that this will add an extra layer of different poses to the crowd.  I have no clue if they would actually wave colours to support their teams, but it doesn't seem unreasonable to think they would.



No comments:

Post a Comment