Friday 1 September 2023

 

Black and White.


The second chariot for the White team, this time with black horses.


For anyone interested in how I am painting the horses the short answer is I'm not really.

Well basically for the white horses I am priming them grey and then adding a couple of zenithal highlights with spray cans.  To blend the colours together I use a white contrast paint over the bits of the model that you'll be able to see from above.  Then I painted the manes and tails with contrast paint and painted the eyes black with a small off-white dot in one corner.

For the black horses I just change to a black undercoat followed by a dark grey Zenithal highlight.  I used Nuln oil to blend the colours together.  Black contract paint for the manes and tails.  Eyes done the same as for the white horses.  Any white markings are first roughly painted on with grey paint followed up by a rough coat with the same off-white use for the eyes.

It's a really quick way of painting horses and gives a pretty good tabletop quality.








No comments:

Post a Comment